Beautiful timepieces performing just as brilliantly above the wave as deep below.
This stylish iconic Swiss watch collection was first launched in 2005 and continues with Omega’s acclaimed and rich ocean legacy, blending most of today’s state-of-the-art materials with the same style and dive watch inspiration from the past with over 200 variations from the Ultra Deep O-Megasteel to the Planet Ocean Mécanique 16 Sapphires.
These chronograph versions are for all those who adore style, not just for the divers. It offers not only beauty, but performs brilliantly above the waves as well as deep below.
When Planet Ocean first launched it came out in three variations. Thirteen years later the variations exceeded just over one hundred. One of the variant colors of the Planet Ocean line is fluorescent orange, which according to Optica Publishing Group, is the most visible color underwater. The line also features models in the “Deep Black” family.
Key Features of the Planet Ocean Watch Range
- Automatic Co-Axial Master Chronometer movement, offering the very best in precision and magnetic resistance
- Helium escape valve, protection during the decompression process, allowing helium molecules that may have entered the watch during saturation diving to escape
- Water resistance: 600 Bar (6000 meters / 20000 feet) and 60 Bar (600 meters / 2000 feet)
- GMT functionality
- Dials with Arabic numerals and Super-LumiNova, which means it will not fade, decay or age, but will last the entire lifetime of your watch
- Chronograph versions for both men and women, comes in a wide variety of styles
- Size ranges between 37.5mm, 39.5mm, 43.5mm and 45.5mm
- Wrist wear with Rubber straps, NATO straps, metal bracelets and leather straps available
- Five dial colors
The Fine Print to Owning a Planet Ocean Watch
The cost of Omega watches ranges between $2,000 and $60,000+ and you can see recent prices of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean right here on Watch Watcher.
It is recommended that you have the water resistance checked once a year and a complete service performed every five to eight years.
All Omega watches are delivered with a 5-year warranty that covers the repair of any material or manufacturing defects. Conditions and restrictions apply.
Authenticity and age can be verified by cross-referencing the seven or eight digit serial number stamped on all Omega watches.
YouTube review – Omega Planet Ocean Seamaster Ultimate Guide